- 3 pounds chicken (legs, thighs or whole) cut up into serving parts
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 to 4 peppercorns, cracked
- juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons liver spread
- salt to taste
- Wash chicken and drain well.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, onions, garlic, peppercorns, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Apply marinade into meat and leave inside refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- In a wok or wide skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add chicken and reserved onions and garlic from the marinade. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and juices run clear.
- Add reserved marinade and water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and continue to cook for about 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced.
- Add liver spread and stir to dissolve. Cook for about 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Season with salt to taste.
Garnish with sliced onion rings, if desired.